Thursday 4 February 2016

Baby on Board

trousseau

 (ˈtruːsəʊ)
npl -seaux or -seaus (-səʊz)
the clothes, linen, etc, collected by a bride for her marriage
[C19: from Old French, literally: a little bundle, from trusse a bundle; see truss]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

I decided when my best friend told me she was pregnant that I would make a baby trousseau. As you can see by the above definition that I'm using the term wrongly. Don't much care to be honest.
I had a whole raft of projects in mind however due to my previously mentioned difficulties with the concept of time and being a painfully slow knitter I didn't manage to get half of what I wanted to do done. 
By the time of her baby shower I'd only four items made (one took me six months to make to be fair). Some I have in the cut up and ready to be constructed stage so they will just have to be birthing gifts for when the little man finally comes to meet the world. 
Shout out to Baby Denman's grandmother's contributions. A raft of handmade jumpers that means that this lady must knit like the wind! and grandma on the otherside who came up with the brilliant idea of bags sorted by age. So clever. 
So without any further ado here are my minion's baby shower pressies.

Tin Can Knits- Fly Away Blanket


Love sewing issue 15- Very hungry caterpillar baby towel



Simon Francis- Baby Moccasins


Vanessa Moonice- Puffer fish 



No comments:

Post a Comment