Monday 16 July 2018

Seasonally appropriate

Morning all. Have you dissolved in a puddle of goop from the heat yet? No? Just me then. That in mind I've popped on to share with you a nice worsted weight pullover. Perfect for these hot sunny days if you're planning to weigh in for the Grand National.

Look how happy it is in the sunshine. Guess how happy I wouldn't be wearing it in the sunshine


I don't know why I keep insisting on taking part in any challenge which requires knitting to a deadline. I don't knit quickly! For the love of all, Humbug stop trying. Looking at my ravelry I initially queued this for the Summer of Basics last year!

How do you know which is the front and which is the back? The side with most mistakes, that's the back.



It's a Rosa's sleeveless cardi- jumper by Emma Fassio. The pattern only gives instructions for one size but you can increase it by just casting on extra stitches. I did try writing out the sized up pattern but it looked like I'd taken to speaking in tongues. I can see why governments banned the sending of knitting patterns in wartime in case they contained secret codes.

You can see where the hem is a bit wavy cause I cast off a little too snugly

I frogged this two or three times because I couldn't make the stitch count work. In the end I stopped counting the stitches stuck in four stitch markers and just YO before and after each one. This worked out much better. To be honest this could have worked for last years summer of basics if I'd just taken this approach in the first place as it did work up really quickly. Basic stockinette stitch in a worsted weight is always a quick job.



I got to the bottom of the sleeve caps put a safety line in and tried it for size. I needed about 30 stitches each underarm to fit my bust. In the process of trying it on I pulled a long line of yarn connecting the front and back. I debated trying to cast on stitches over this line of yarn like you would in crochet but couldn't make it work. I just left them as they were and then weaved them in to the cast on stitches in the middle of my work. Not a very elegant solution but a solution none the less.

See bet you wouldn't have known what was up if I didn't tell you. 


It could probably do to be a touch longer as I do have quite a long torso but three balls of yarn was what I bought and three balls of yarn was what it was going to have. I just gave it a particularly taut blocking and called it good. I think we can safely say finesse is really not my strong point.







No comments:

Post a Comment